Game 6 Events (Closed)
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54
spacer

Tim
1. Restart domestic production of Papayas and lobby for Foreign Aid money from our wealthy and generous neighbors.
2. Rebuild the Minister of Internal Security, to prevent unruly sabotage of our reconstruction efforts.
3. Focus our Army Brigades on recruiting young Papayans, so that their zeal for life can be channeled into our public works programs.
4. Tear down the remnants of the ziggurat eyesore of the former President, reusing the valuable stone to create new government buildings.
5. Begin mining the Halconero Asteroid for valuable minerals that it is sure to contain.
6. Sell rare earth minerals from the Halconero Asteroid to rich American companies, using the extra funds to research New Weapons.
7. Find the Admiralcy a new dinghy, and the Air Force one of those hats with a propeller on top.

Tim

Transcript: Good day Ladies and Gentlemen. As I'm sure you're well aware, I predicted the impact of the Halconero Meteor and warned that fool Quetzalcoatl to take stronger measures months ago. Luckily the League of Underappreciated Mad Physicists had built a significant bunker for just such occasions, or I would not be here to aid the Republic in its time of need.

When you decide to elect me to the Presidency, my first act will be to right the capsized domestic economy and secure ample foreign aid money. My assistant will distribute to you further details of the Halconero Plan for Reconstruction. Of course, should you choose not to elect me, I and my colleagues in LUMP stand ready to assist the Republic using our considerable talents.

Last edited by Stefano Halconero on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kenny
Hola!

I, El Santo, am pleased to attend this meeting with you, the fine member of the Republica de los Papayas.

After many years and countless victories in the ring I am pleased to throw my mask into the ring for El Presidente. As a prominent member of society with absolutely zero convictions on any charges of bribery, racketeering or extortion I am well qualified for this position. My numerous "legitimate business associates" can provide a great deal of services to the Republic. I assure you they are fine tailors specializing in "Sicilian Neckties".

Even now my adoring fans can be heard cheering "Viva El Santo!" with absolutely no threats of violence against them or their families. Surely their cheer out from the bottom of their hearts and it has nothing to do with the series of faulty rings that accidentally decapitated my last 17 opponents.

For the Republic, for Victory, Viva El Santo!

Jen
I bid you all a fond greeting, fellow Republicans. I am so grateful to be among you, and to have escaped the devil the rigors of the aristocratic lifestyle. I pledge myself to my new country, and to the fine citizens of the Republic. I mean you no harm that one bitch had it coming, and look forward to working with our great El Presidente, whomever that may be.

Kristin
Blessed Friends,

I bring you good news and glad tidings from the Lord God of Hosts! Although your nation and people have suffered loss, it was a loss brought upon you by the blasphemous worship of another god besides He-Who-Brings-You-Peace-And-Gladness. The Lord shall raise you up from the crater of despair and shall offer you a time of new plentitude, raining down manna and papayas from the Heavens!

An infant child shall be born... Oh, no. Wait. That one's not for you. That's for some woman... somewhere.

But never fear! For the Lord God shall bless you and keep you!

Kat
*Click*
*Kkkssshhhk*

General, the Democrats are telling me I never had it so good. Can that be true when the Republica de los Papayas is billions in debt, and prices have doubled and taxes break our backs, and we are still fighting in Korea? It's tragic. And it's time for a change.
*Kkkssshhhk*
Channel 47 Nightly News - Chantelle Chanel joining you live from the site of the meteor crash! A tragic event, sure to bring joy to many, as the entire infrastructure of the country has been obliterated in one fell swoop! Survivors from the scene tell us that the Ex-God-Presidente was quoted as saying 'What's this do?' shortly before the disaster. We think he was referencing the new auto-pilot system for the newly installed TV transmitter. Or it was the 'Self-Destruct-By-Means-Of-Meteorite button.' Let's hear from some political pundits on what the Minister of War was wearing when the accident happ-
*Kkkssshhhk*
I'd like to buy the world a home, and furnish it with love, Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves. I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony, I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company!
*Kkkssshhhk*
*Click*

State Historian and Philosopher
While it is my pledge to document the significant events and noble governing of this, our precious Republica de los Papayas, I urge you all to give up the trappings of busy city life and live simply, as I do, surrounded by nature's lush bounty here on the grounds of my cousin's golf course[1].

My humble residence is but a common tool shed, furnished with only the bare essentials that I foraged for myself from the clubhouse. Each day as I make the arduous 1/4 mile journey into town to purchase groceries and gas up my golf-cart, I reflect upon the hardships that I endure. One day I hope that my grand experiment will give others the courage to give up their Swiss bank accounts and millions upon millions of dollars and live in a way that will make them TRULY happy: the way that I have decided they should live.

[1] That is to say I don't actually mean HERE, specifically. I don't think my cousin would appreciate hundreds of squatters living on his property; he IS trying to run a business, after all...I think you understand that I mean for you to go live on your OWN cousins' golf courses.

Industry Czar
Greetings, fellow Industrialists!

You have all been invited here because the previous cabinet was filled with lazy do-nothings who begged for foreign handouts and then passed them around to each other like children's candy...

...They were also all smooshed by an asteroid.

I know that each of you is a fundamentally selfish individual incapable of charity whose rational self-interest and laissez-faire attitude means you will exploit any advantage you can get. This is exactly the kind of thinking we need to run a successful government!

Let us not concern ourselves with the leeches of society, pleading with us to let them suckle at the teat of our prosperity just because they built their homes in the path of an asteroid. Why should the homeless, the sick, the injured, the unemployed, the poor, the young, the old and the genetically inferior not have to compete with us on a level playing field just because we are not any of those things?

You chosen few are the new leaders of our country...all that remains now is to discover whom among you has the strength of character and inpenetrable self-esteem to hold our highest office.

Let us hear from you. Tell us why you should be el Presidente!

Editor of the National Inquisitor

GM
:blackdot: Junta Game 6 begins!

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54