Game 5 Events (Closed)
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
spacer

Mike
Congratulations, Presidente Milton. I must say, it's very uncommon to see the conservative voters split from the Church, but I understand that you have a proven record for advocating social justice. Must be why you captured the students as well.

I always tell my students that I'm not in the business of prediction, but I'm confident that your term in office heralds a period of peace and prosperity for my adopted republic.

Kirk
Why do people keep saying, "Nice job, Al Gore" when they pass me in the hall? That's not my name, is it? Sounds Norse.

Jen
All praise to the Lord in His infinite
Goodness, and to the Holy Church for its
Support. Papayans, I vow to be a
Fair and just ruler. All previous votes
Against me shall be forgotten. Now I
Seek the best and brightest to fill each spot
In my cabinet. I invite you please
To contact me privately. What will you
Do to serve our glorious Republic?
Prove your loyalty, and I will prove kind.
-----------------------------
El Presidente

Editor of the National Inquisitor
Today's Weather:
Sunny
- The Papayas Times -
50 bananas
Volume MCMLIII - No. 316 . . . . . . . . . . . Saturday March 3rd . . . . . . . . . . . All Rights Reserved

Poetry Prevails among Papayans!
Votes were counted very late into the evening to be sure there was no error in this bitter contest. The Papayas Times is honored to announce the election of John Milton to the Presidency. Without the critical and timely support of the Church the election could very easily have gone in favor of
of irregularities in several districts but little evidence to substantiate these claims has surfaced as of this time. Aides to Milton insist that these reports were concocted by disruptive elements loyal to Survivor #1 and that their observers allowed no irregularities throughout the

Automated Events Feed "Device"
:blackdot:John Milton is elected President.

[td]For Juan Pablo(5)
Juan Pablo(1)
Anarcho-Syndicalists (2)
Marxist-Leninists (2)[/td]

[td]For Mineshaft Survivor #1(11)
Mineshaft Survivor #1 (1)
Conservatives (8)
Katrin von Albernenhut (1)
Manuel Aguilar (1)[/td]

[td]For Duke Aelion(4)
Duke Aelion (1)
Farmers (2)
Cornwallis, Earl of Kensington (1)[/td]

[td]For John Milton (15)
John Milton (1)
Prof. Thomas Brody (1)
The Church (10)
Students (3)[/td]

[td]Abstaining(2)
Character? (1)
Alejandro J. Murphy (1)[/td]

:bluedot:Mineshaft Survivor #1 plays Conservatives Influence Card.
:bluedot:Juan Pablo plays Anarcho-Syndicalists and Marxist-Leninists Vote Cards.
:bluedot:Duke Aelion plays Farmers Vote Card.
:bluedot:Prof. Thomas Brody plays The Church and Students Influence Cards.

Rob
Well, youngin's, I was quite surprised to find that alijarndro had nominated me fir presidente as I already said that I was too old to be a president. You don't see Lycaion asking to be a butcher now do you? do you? where was I? rmblmburmlr....Oh yes! well, I was approached by some old friends a mine, men and women who grew up with a real work ethic, not like kids these days, farmers who go out every morning and grow the papayas that make this here island so damn juicy. and much as I told 'em I din't want their votes, they said they were busting into the chambers and voting for me anyway.

So, I asks y'all... don't waste these farmers votes, vote fer me. I'll make that whippersnapper minister of internal security and whatever position that whiney mineshaft wants I'll give to him too. I don't want any sass or arguments, so just respect your elders and vote for me.
-----------------------------
Future Presidente Duke Aelion

Jen
I do not believe in dictatorship.
If you elect me your President, I
Promise to appoint my cabinet based
On the will of the majority. If
You oppose me, God himself will be sad.

Katie
I believe quite hardly that a man who keeps the filthy Russian commies out is a man who needs my vote. All hail Mineshaft Survivor #1!

Ken
Manuel believes in Mineshaft Survivor #1 and Manuel that the
Lord has chosen him to be a Great General. Manuel supports Senor Mineshafto.

Nick
None of you candidates have really sold yourself to me yet, in my book. What I want is the power to do my job well. Naturally I'm suited to be the Minister of Internal Security. Promise me that job and you'll have my vote. I'd also settle for Minister of War if you feel I need to prove myself first, although I'd hope that my reputation precedes me at this point.

Anything else is an insult to me and law enforcement officers everywhere. Trust me, you don't want to make me your enemy.

[ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next